Whenever I teach a yoga class or do a practice myself I always end with three final stretches. It’s become a ritual because I find it really works for me to signal it’s the end of the practice. It prepares me to move on to the next thing: whether it’s off to bed or back to Mama duties.
open your eyes and return to the rest of your day
I wanted to share it with you in case you want to add it to the end of your yoga sessions or add in something of your own.
This is how I always end a yoga class:
- Sit in a comfortable seated position
- As you breathe in, raise your arms out to the side and up above your head so that your palms meet together above you
- Keeping your palms together, breathe out and bring your hands down (still with your palms together) past the middle of your face, past the centre of your chest and down the middle of your belly button
- Repeat steps 2 to 4 three times
- Finish the final stretch by resting your hands on your thighs
- Take a few deep breaths and when you’re ready open your eyes and return to the rest of your day.
Bendy Mamas is taking a short break and will be back in October.